So…. We finally have a new issue out. We have called it issue 4.2.
On the front is RM Hubbert who, funnily enough played
Wakefield last night. In
fact it was the third time he has played Wakefield
since Issue 4.1 came out, so that has worked out quite nicely. There is a big
interview with the man himself, or more the story of us going up to Troon to
see where and how he lives just days after being awarded the accolade of ‘Best
Scottish Album 2013’.
Inside we have:
- A great story by Anna Alpatova, who tells of her trip from
Moscow to Wakefield
to watch a band from New York
- A heartfelt ode to the wonderful Inns Of Court pub, by Antonia Lines
- A musing upon the recent Will.I.Am anus scandal.
- A ponderance upon the virtues of Glastonbury (which slightly betrays how long in the pipeline this issue has been, but is still great, so we kept it in) by the twin powers of Matt Abbott and Ralph Dartford who, coincidentally, will be performing at our Christmas show on Dec 15th at The Hepworth as part of The Firm Of Poets.
- Matt O Leary interviews
Wakefield’s only skate shop, Division 24.
- Clive Smith’s final column, submitted the day before his disappearance
- An interview by Andrew Whittaker with James Atkinson of Gentlemans Pistols
- A new section which is called the Letter’s Page, but actually consists of emails. But we used our skills to make them look like letters. Roland X answers some of the more bizarre mail we receive.
- A tiny comic strip from Japanese based Wakefieldian, Chris Cooper
- The official Long Division announcement.
- And finally, the regular Roland X Follow The Drum column talks about how, if you want to ‘make it’ in music, you need to start putting the hours in.
Quite a bit when I list it out like that, isn’t there? So we’ll try get it to various places. FB and Twitter are best for knowing where and when. Enjoy, and if you don’t, send us a letter about it…